Ecumenical Vignette from Strasbourg


The Revd Christine Bloomfield is the Assistant Curate at St Alban's in Strasbourg, a city with a rich ecclesiastical history. She writes of her ecumenical experience:

I was asked to be a candidate for the Women’s World Day of Prayer, France, and was duly elected at the Annual General Meeting in October. I am the only Anglican on the Committee. I hope to build up relations and understanding between the denominations in this re. The AGM was a heart-warming and joyful experience with a great sense of Christian fellowship between women of different denominations. The fact that I am an Anglican priest is encouraging and exciting for Catholic women especially. This is a movement which I find quite wonderful and as it is fundamentally ecumenical with a powerful reality of Christian solidarity world wide I feel that it is a perfect opportunity for Anglicans to work and to pray with other denominations where we live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell to the Diocese in Europe

Canon Frances Hiller

Archbishop of Canterbury's Pentecost Letter: A European Consequence